There are many different ways to get involved depending on your availability.
Please don't be restricted by this list as each of us have talents that can make a unique difference.
- Immediate need: Help with our 10 year celebration function on 4 October. We need sponsorship to ensure this is a very special event for our Special Stars and guardians e.g. catering, décor, transport costs, T-shirts, mugs, photographer etc
- Special Star Sponsorship: We currently have 11 children who do not have sponsorship (R140 per month, but we ask sponsors to give emotional support as well) - click here for more information
- Help with Maths and English on a Friday afternoon 1:40-3:30pm (adults and schoolchildren involved in helping- only basic skills required)
- Visit the creche and preschool once a week to play with the babies or help with the preschool
- Assist the team focused on Grade 10-12 to do well in matric and link them into jobs/ tertiary studies after school
- Pray: We believe that it is through the hope we find in Jesus that damaged lives will be restored. Join our prayer team and have individuals and situations to pray for.
- Assist in workshops for scholars/ students eg we have an etiquette workshop planned for our grade 10-12's, creative workshops for all ages etc
- Helping with Special Star functions
- Help with admin and thank you notes
- Helping purchase uniforms and/or stationery (paid for by the project)
- Collection of Woollies food once a month and taking it to Bhambayi
- Help with project marketing and communication
- Help one of our groups: soccer, dance, sewing etc
- Donations, especially financial donations, are always valued and used wisely
- There are many, many other needs
Click here to let us know how you can make a difference
Make a Difference